eBook: Ensuring Flexibility in Physician Employment Contracts
Attorney review of physician employment contracts is critical to maintaining the flexibility to pursue a rewarding career.
Each physician comes to the contract review and negotiation process with unique personal circumstances, which dictate the aspects of the contract that need to be changed for physician and employer alignment. Statistics show that a high percentage of new physicians will leave their first employer before the term of the contract ends. Because of this, physicians need to ask themselves the question “If I want to leave this employer in the next 2-3 years, can I do so?” In this eBook, we have compiled several tips to help ensure flexibility to pursuing a more rewarding position.
In this eBook we cover:
- Key contract provisions that restrict flexibility
- Physician turnover statistics
- How to restructure or change contract provisions that are not in your favor
- The right to terminate without cause
- Benefit repayment clauses that may not be in your favor
- Non-compete clause and how to change it to meet your personal and family needs